Michigan Fall Barn Wedding | Munro Photography

Michigan Fall Barn Wedding

Munro Photography

Otis Bird Sanctuary, Hastings, Michigan

 

I'm on a fall roll with blogs, so what better way to round out my fall blogs before moving onto the spring weddings and projects than this epitome of perfect?  Megan and Jason were married at Otis Bird Sanctuary right here in my city of Hastings, MI.  Otis Bird Sanctuary is maintained by the Michigan Audubon Society and I'm ashamed to admit I had never been to this gorgeous spot.  It was perfect for their first look with the long boardwalk out into the colorful swamp area, and Megan was just fantastic in her unique wedding dress.  I love that Jason even MADE his own boutonniere out of bicycle chain links (he's an avid biker) and Megan made her own bouquet while the bridesmaids carried the most quirky and adorable paper flower bouquets. 

Their reception was in the same building that houses my studio in downtown Hastings, the Walldorff Brewpub and Ballroom (www.walldorffbrewpub.com).  We couldn't resist stopping in the bar area before the reception to have a celebratory beer from the in-house microbrewery.  Walldorff staff was super amazing about letting us into the brewhouse area that is home to the giant copper "things" (forgive me, I don't know what they're called) and one of my favorite images of 2013 was born in their reflection on the copper. 

Thank you, Megan and Jason for providing me with a memorable wedding and for being so awesome throughout your engagement and wedding.  I sure enjoyed getting to know you both and your furbabies!  (Side note- Megan and Jason also skipped wedding favors to donate to the Michigan Audubon Society and to MacKenzie's Animal Rescue-- both organizations are pretty amazing.)




For more information about wedding photography by Munro Photography, please visit my website at www.munrophotos.com and send me a message to inquire about your date.

Comments