It's been awhile

After the busy season I've been having this year, I sat down recently to think about what I needed to change when it comes to my business.  It was then that I realized I have been neglecting my blog.  I'm sorry- I never intended to let it slip through my fingers and out of my notice.  I promise to do better.

With the ever-needy website I launched this year (www.munrophotos.com), I became so engrossed in the website and lost sight of my blog.  Sometimes, it's hard to separate Laura the web-designer from Laura the photographer from Laura the writer.  All three are integral parts of who I am, and I need to do better at having focus divided equally between these parts of me.

And what better way to pay homage to Laura the photographer than by blogging about her latest and most lovely weddings?

I have had the pleasure over the past couple years to photograph weddings in places like @Jamaica, @Mackinac Island, @Frankfort (Michigan)...I've been truly blesses.  And this year, in between all the traveling for out of town weddings, I've found the charm of my very own town.  Hastings, Michigan.

 Above image from the Kirby wedding, Hastings, MI.
 I've even found the joy of children and family work this year.  I used to only do a certain number of past clients, but with all the newborns and past brides having so many little ones- it's brought a measure of balance to my work that I haven't had before.

Backyard weddings = ♥

 I moved my studio into the Walldorff Brewpub in Hastings (www.walldorffbrewpub.com) to be closer to home and to kickstart a new senior campaign. 

My sweet couple from Tennessee on the shores of Lake Michigan in July.

 A beautiful sunset shot from a wedding at Hawthorne Gardens in Marshall, MI http://hawthornegardens.net/


So many new things this year, so many lovely older things too, and so many dreams and goals on the horizon for Munro Photography.  I make a promise to you that I will blog more. Happy 2013!

Comments