The Reason

 There I was, sitting in front of my laptop screen, illuminated by the glow, staring at the images from two engagement sessions photographed that day (among other general sessions).  It hit me- this is why I love engagement sessions.  Every session is incredibly different, and for all my ability and experience, I never know how the session will turn out.  Not only do I direct the session as much as is needed, but my clients have ultimate control in how they want to express their relationship. 

The two engagement sessions this weekend are a perfect example of how DIFFERENT two very similar sessions can turn out just because of the different styles of my clients.  Both are set in very rural settings, with two people that love and adore each other, but the outcomes are very unique. 

I offer the engagement sessions with every wedding package because I like to get to know my clients, see how they interact with each other, and learn a bit about their likes, dislikes, and photogenic angles.  It makes me a better photographer, and gives them a change to show me who they are and have awesome images to capture the excitement of being engaged.

First, I met with Eric and Trish whose wedding is coming up in the spring.  When they told me they'd like to incorporate Eric's bike into the session, I was pumped!  There's nothing cooler than a little chrome and power.  When I asked Trish to describe their wedding she told me they are shooting for "Elegant Rockstar."  Edgy with a little pretty.  You can see from their session that Eric and Trish are wonderfully comfortable together and the edgy side definitely comes through- but there's a ton of class and sophistication with these
two that sets them apart. 


 Later on in the evening after a few family sessions, I met with Shane and Christie who are getting married next fall.  Also a rural session, Shane and Christie's session produced some very different images.  Everyone is different, and no session will produce images that are identical to someone else's-- it's all about my clients' personalities!  Shane and Christie described their wedding style as "Country mixed with UofM."  Open to all my suggestions and taking a minute to just play with the light that seeped through the cloudy day made their session a soft, glowy, country style that is just beautiful.







If you made it all the way to the end of this post- kudos to you!  To sum it up- I view my clients as unique couples and as such, shouldn't receive cookie-cutter images.  The differences are awesome and should be celebrated- and I, for one, am SUPER excited for an awesome 2012 wedding season.

Comments